Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications (WSQ)
Enhancing the capabilities, productivity, and growth of both individuals and employers
The Workforce Skills Qualifications system is a national continuing education and training system designed for adult workers in Singapore, complementing the formal education system for students. WSQ retail qualifications competencies are developed by the Singapore Workforce Development Agency (now under the purview of SSG) with employers’ input and contributions. Click to read more
- WSQ qualifications are recognized by employers of Singapore.
- WSQ training is accessible to all workers.
- WSQ course does not require academic pre-requisites.
To qualify, individuals must meet the following criteria:
- Singapore Citizen
- Aged 35 years and above (13 years and above for Persons with Disabilities)
- Monthly income of not more than $2,000.
- Any unused SkillsFuture Credit Top-Up and Additional SkillsFuture Credit (Mid-Career Support) will expire in five years, after 31 December 2025. As such, you are advised to plan your learning and skills development journey early.
- MySkillsFuture is for Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
- To ensure course fees remain affordable, SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) provides course fee subsidy on SkillsFuture approved courses.
- Individuals can offset the remaining course fees using their SkillsFuture Credit.
- Introduced in 2015
- All Singaporeans aged 25 and above will receive an opening credit of S$500.
- From 1 October 2020, this top-up can be used on all Skillsfuture Credit-eligible courses and will expire on 31 Dec 2025.
- A one-off SkillsFuture Credit top-up of $500 will be provided to every Singapore Citizen aged 25 years and above as at 31 December 2020.
Head to the individual Courses here!